A lot of what I do is looking at the relationship of the animals I speak with to their food, and how it affects their mood and their health. Consequently, I do a lot of discussion on pet foods and nutrition. The following are a few links I’ve compiled that I hope will help. (If you find any that are dead, or any worth adding, please contact me.)
What is in Commercial Pet Food?
- What’s really in pet food?
- “Why you should you feed your pets raw food, (or what Is really in commercial pet foods)
- Natural News article on what’s in commercial cat food
- Dr. Weil’s take on what is in commercial cat food
Reasons not to feed a cat (or dog) dry food
- Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition – Lisa A. Pierson, DVM
- The Truth About Dry Cat Food
- Maybe NOW More Cat Parents Will Make the Switch from Dry Food
- 10 Reasons Why Dry Food is Bad for Cats and Dogs
- Six reasons not to feed dry cat food
Natural Canned Food Companies
- Halo Pet Food: All natural ingredients from first world countries
- Weruva Pet Food: “…formulas produced in human food facility using many of the ingredients and processes used in products made for people.”
Raw Pet Food Diet Information (B.A.R.F – Bones and Raw Food)
- Cat Nutrition Site
- SF Gate article on raw food
- NY Times Blog article on raw food
- Dog Channel information on raw food
- KPBS Radio interview on raw food || (Audio Link)
- Highlighting our own Tori Rosay from Dexter’s Deli – GREAT audio interview.
- Raw Food Diet for Cats: A Natural Solution
- Dexter’s Deli on Raw Food