- The Paw Project: Wonderful organization dedicated to making declawing illegal
- Catster: Articles on breeds, health care, training, etc., as well as a forum to talk about your fur-babies
- Animal Communicator Practice Forum: Metaphysical and Animal Communication Forum
Local Pet Businesses
- Custom Kittys: High quality custom kitty condos. Reasonable prices, delivered to your door in select areas
- Dexter’s Deli: North County’s premier holistic pet store
- The Educated Pet: Carol Harris, Positive Reinforcement Training for Dogs
- Jen Loves Pets: Pet Sitting
Rescue Organization Links
- Defenders of Wildlife: Dedicated to protection of all native wild animals & plants
- The Rescue House: Local San Diego Rescue Organization for Cats
- Stanford Cat Network
- Financial Assistance for Pet Veterinary Bills: Programs that may be able to help with vet bills for your pet
Home Sweet Home Veterinary Housecalls
Dawn Ziegler, DVM
Do you hate dragging your pet to the vet? Are you looking for a compassionate vet that will give you the amount of time with a doctor that you need? Are you looking for alternative health options for your pet? Home Sweet Home Veterinary Housecalls offers quality, compassionate veterinary care in the comfort of your home.
Vet 2 You
Susan Grove, DVM
Dr. Grove is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and provides services for your pets in the comfort of your own home. Serving both San Diego and North County.
House Collar Vet
Dr. Andrea Leach
“Compassionate veterinary care in the comfort of your own home.”
Paws into Grace
“Compassionate Home Euthanasia for Pets.” San Diego County, Murrieta and Temecula.
In Home Vet Euthanasia Directory
List of home vets throughout California, who do euthanasia, either as a service or primary focus.
Local Holistic Vets
Dr. Carmine Bausone – Acacia Animal Health Center, Escondido
Animal Healing Center – San Diego
Dr. David Gordon – Oceanside Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Stephen Blake – San Diego
Dr. Adrienne Moore DVM – Fallbrook, 760-723-6633
Dr. Patricia Unger – Kensington Veterinary Hospital, San Diego
Dr. Claire Sosna – Animal Acupuncture and Rehabilitation Center, San Diego
Dr. Jacque McAndrew – South San Diego Veterinary Care
AHVMA: Association for Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
Holistic Vet Phone Consultation
Dr. Kruesi – Cold River Veterinary Center: 802.747.4076
Dr. Chambreau: 410.771.4968
Dr. Lemmon: 425.226.8418
Dr. Yasson: 845.338.3300
Dr. Bittan: 866.550.7387
Dr. Feinman: 203.222.7979
Dr. Levy: 413.268.3000
Dr. Sagrera: 504.834.2023
AVMA ANIMAL FOOD RECALL INFORMATION
I yell this only to catch your attention to how important this link is. It’s a page that is consistently updated with the latest pet food recalls. Check it often. You can never be too safe.
Toxic & Non-Toxic Plants for Animals
ASPCA’s list of toxic and non-toxic plants for animals. This list seems to be the most extensive, reliable and easiest to navigate list I’ve found. I like the fact that you can choose to look at only toxic or non-toxic for individual animals (cats, dogs & horses.) And even though it appears to be a work in progress, this is the only list I’ve found that has photos of the plants, which really helps, especially when you are looking to bring plants into the house or yard.
Tanya’s Feline CRF Information Centre
“This site was originally created primarily to help people in the UK, but it has always attracted people from all over the world, perhaps because the site is quite simple in design yet the most comprehensive site available.”
DANGER OF LILIES
Youtube video on the dangers of lilies to your cats.
SNAP Spay and Neuter
Low-Cost Spay and Neuter in San Diego
THE NIGHTMARE OF DECLAWING
- Mysticalpedia: Metaphysical (New Age/Spiritual) Dictionary with additional metaphysical resources
- Spiritcaat Tarot Readings: Psychic/Mediumship and Tarot Readings
- Lisa Larson Network of Sites: All of my sites in one place
The best podcast ever. Huna is an Hawaiian philosophy which mixes metaphysical beliefs with psychologically grounded beliefs. You will not find a more valuable tool to improve your life, and this podcast is exquisitly done: imho, one of the best resources out there short of spending thousands to go to Hawaii and study with the masters.
Just to let you know that we have both noticed a BIG difference in Blaithin over the last week and a half or so. She is so much calmer and rarely barks hysterically now. When she does get upset, it doesn’t last for long. Thanks for all your help.
– Nancy, Dublin, Ireland –